Monday 4 April 2011

And again...











Decided that I still wasn't happy with the first part of the chimera brief so I did it out again. The landscapes weren't exactly a major effort and I'm fully aware that I'm capable of better. So hopefully this is better. I drew around a photo of a lip gloss that I had from the first day with the Pen Tool in Illustrator then manipulated it to look like a gun. I coloured it in with the Live Paint Bucket and using the Blob Brush Tool drew around the 'pen' outline again loosely in order for it to look handdrawn. I then drew a soldier holding the gun using the Blob Brush Tool again. The speech bubble was also drawn with the Blob Brush. The font for the caption is called 'Rift3d' and I got it off the make-your-own font site fontstruct.com. I think this piece is much more representative of my own personal style than the last two that I did as I'm generally quite illustrative and tend to work in flat colour/monochrome. I still might throw a background colour on this though.

No comments:

Post a Comment