Wednesday 5 January 2011

More Pet Projects..







Haven't posted in a while so I figured I'd 'exhibit' various pieces that I've been working on over the break. Everything here has been drawn in Adobe Illustrator with a graphics tablet that I got as a present for Christmas. My current aspiration for the zombie pieces is to have them made into a book/booklet type thing to throw into my portfolio. As I'm sure you've guessed; they're all portraits of famous dead rock stars - Ian Curtis, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, Frank Zappa, Sid Vicious etc. Those five are all I have completed at the moment; Layne Staley, Janis Joplin and Phil Lynott are all still in progress! The final piece that I've posted is one inspired by the movie/book 'American Psycho' which is by one of my favourite authors Bret Easton Ellis. This piece is actually drawn from a movie still in which the main character is looking at himself in the mirror at what I will politely describe as an 'inappropriate moment'. I decided to draw it in Illustrator first so I could basically play around with effects. I plan on hand-painting the image onto an old mirror I have for the finished piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment